At CRS we’re serious about pairing the right cold store units with the right business for the best cold storage solution, which is why we have an extensive range of commercial cold storage products for you to choose from. However, all this choice can be a little overwhelming, especially if you’re looking to take on additional units or even try cold storage for the first time.
With this in mind, we’ve put together a handy guide to help you discover the different types of cold storage on offer.
Our most popular cold store solution, the refrigerated container is available in a range of sizes to suit the needs of every business. These versatile units are suitable for a variety of food products, botanicals and pharmaceutical goods, making them the perfect solution for any organisation looking to build or expand their cold storage.
What types of cold store units are available in this range?
- Mobile refrigerated containers – Available in a range of sizes including 10ft, 20ft, 40ft and 45ft. Every unit has a chilling range of between -40°C to +10°C for total temperature control.
- Reefer containers – An ideal solution for businesses that need a highly cost effective way to expand their cold storage quickly, without the bells and whistles.
Our refrigerated containers are available in a range of grade specifications from the basic Grade D range to our premium A+ range.
Even our basic Grade D refrigerated containers come with raised T-section flooring and barn doors as standard. However, our Grade A and A+ range are the safest and most adaptable units in the cold storage industry. You can expect audio-visual alarms for trapped personnel, easy open butcher-style doors and safe, non-slip floors as standard with all units in these ranges.
Blast Freezers and Chillers
Blast freezers and chillers are the perfect solution for businesses that are looking for a rapid cooling solution. This type of cold storage is typically used by companies with a need to cool and store food before it reaches its final destination. However, these units are also a popular option for restaurants, canteens and catering companies who wish to prepare dishes in advance without compromising on food quality.
What type of unit is available in this range?
There are plenty of options available to suit a variety of budgets and needs, whatever the size of your business.
- Portable ISO blast freezers – A standard size freezing unit perfect for the storage and distribution of goods. These units come equipped with ISO doors.
- Mini blast freezers – A great solution for restaurants looking to expand food storage within their kitchens. Small enough to fit in a busy kitchen, big enough to bulk freeze food.
- Super freezers – Huge 40 & 45ft portable blast freezing units for larger businesses and public organisations.
- Wide span freezers – An extra wide portable freezing solution for easier goods storage and better access.
Mega Cold Storage and Cold Rooms
All Grade A mega cold storage units are equipped with food grade, easy to clean interiors and come with a number of unique safety features. Each unit has a controlled temperature spectrum of -40°C to +10°C, ensuring almost all raw and cooked products can be stored safely and effectively.
What type of storage is available in this range?
Our range of mega cold storage is ideal for large distribution businesses and companies looking to expand.
- Double mega cold stores – Ideal for expanding businesses looking to double the size of their cold storage. This unit comes with a capacity of up to 49 pallets.
- Triple mega cold stores – 3x the size of regular cold storage with a pallet capacity of up to 75.
- Super mega cold stores – Up to 300 pallet capacity across 6 linked cold storage rooms.
- Cold rooms – Perfect for any business who wants regular, easy access to bulk storage. There’s no planning permission required, so it can be stored inside and out.
Pharmaceutical Grade Cold Storage
CRS offer a wide range of pharma grade cold storage solutions to hospitals and pharmaceutical businesses across the country and abroad.
Medicines, blood packages and chilled pharmaceutical solutions are just some of the delicate products that require sensitive temperature control and transportation within the industry. Due to the nature of these items, CRS have created a special range of pharmaceutical cold storage units specifically designed with sensitive products in mind.
What types of units are available in this range?
Our specially crafted pharma grade units are designed with intelligent back-up systems in mind to protect your items at all costs.
- ATEX cold stores – Units that comply with EU’s ATEX Directive for equipment used in potentially explosive atmospheres. Zone 1 & Zone 2 ATEX units are available with additional spill containment systems if required.
- Chilled cold stores – Equipped with 2 alternating refrigeration plant systems, to maintain a chamber temperature of +5ºC to +/-3ºC. Chilled cold stores also come with sensitive temperature alarms, triggering the standby unit immediately if fluctuation occurs.
- Incubator stores – Units with a modular system that can provide both controlled cooling and heating between +5°C and +40°C.
- Blast chillers/freezers - Suitable for storing and transporting large volumes of cold packs and plates that are typically used with other specialist items.
- Close control freezer stores - Like our pharma cold stores, these units come with two chambers to provide you with a carefully controlled atmosphere anywhere between -15°C to -25°C and -38°C to -42°C.
Specialist Cold Storage
CRS also specialise in bespoke cold storage units for customers with very specific needs. Whilst our range of cold storage is highly comprehensive, we offer a ‘from scratch’ service, to provide you a unit that’s unique to your company’s needs.
Some of our past bespoke units have included:
- Two story cold storage solutions - Perfect if space saving is a concern for your business.
- Multi-temperature chambers - Ideal for storing a diverse range of products in one place.
- External custom finishes – Add a unique touch to your cold storage unit or help it to blend in with the natural surrounding area.
- Multi access units – Add extra entrances to your cold room or portable storage unit for an easier job.
All of our specialist units are created with our customers unique needs in mind.
If you’d like to find out more about the types of cold storage we offer or want to request a bespoke unit, please give us a call on 0800 085 2298 or make an enquiry online.